Do you ever wonder what your dietitian or doctor eats in a day? A poll of the Pounds RDs and medical providers gave these findings: we eat just like we recommend you eat! Check it out:
- Most RDs eat 3 meals and 1-2 snacks per day. A few people like to follow more of an intermittent fasting eating schedule and wait to start eating later in the day.
- The dietitians that eat breakfast all agree on starting their day with eggs. Occasionally, to mix it up some chose yogurt or a protein shake
- Everyone relies heavily on leftovers for lunch. No leftovers? Salads and lettuce wraps to the rescue! Each dietitian has their own preference on what to put with their greens: deli turkey, feta and olives to make it Greek, chicken salad, and even sardines. Packing lunch is the norm, buying isn’t a popular option among the RDs or medical providers.
- Dinner, as you can guess, is a piece of protein with lots of colorful veg. Grilled, roasted, or sautéed. Protein varies as some of Pounds staff prefers vegetarian, some seafood, and others are true carnivores! You’ll see a lot of spices and sauces in the meals for flavoring and variety.
- When it comes to snacks, cheese, raw veggies and dip, Greek yogurt, and nuts are the go-to options.
- Dark chocolate is the way to a lot of dietitians’ hearts, though others are all about berries with whipped cream for a sweet treat.
- Water water water. Everyone drinks it all day long. Some enjoy seltzer as well, or the occasion diet soda as a treat.
We walk the walk, as they say! If you need a recipe or meal prep tips, everyone at Pounds can help. We face the same challenges as you, but we’ve worked hard to set up our routines including grocery shopping regularly and planning meals ahead of time. With structure to our diets, we can make sure we’re successful. We want to help you do the same!